About Hillel 818
Hillel 818, the Foundation for Jewish Campus Life, is part of a global network of Hillels on over 500 campuses worldwide. Hillel at CSUN was founded in 1960 – just two years after Valley State College (what is now CSUN) was independently established, making Hillel one of the oldest student groups on the CSUN campus. For over 50 years, Hillel has been the Jewish address at CSUN, Pierce College and Los Angeles Valley College. Today, with over 6500 Jewish students on these three campuses, Hillel is many things to many people…stop by or talk to one of our staff today and see what it can be for you!
Hillel seeks to inspire every Jewish student to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life.
Hillel seeks to enrich the lives of Jewish undergraduate and graduate students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world.
Hillel is committed to
- Creating a pluralistic, welcoming, and inclusive environment;
- Fostering student growth and the balance in being distinctively Jewish and universally human;
- Advancing social justice, Jewish learning, and spirituality;
- Embracing Israel and global Jewish peoplehood;
- Delivering excellence, innovation, accountability, and results.
Sorry the Calendar feed is currently unavailable. View full calendar directly.